One-To-One Sessions – Only for registered attendees! 1st pick of agents goes to 1st registered.
A special opportunity! – Have your writing reviewed or pitch your work to a publishing professional … including 13 agents and editors from NYC. Submit your sample/pitch in advance and spend 20 minutes with someone who may aid you in your writing career.
Information to assist you in conducting your One-to-One sessions with agents and editors (provided by Deb Werksman)
PREPARE TO PITCH: Tell the editor/agent these items, in this order
- Are you a published author?
- Specify self-published, or who your publisher is
- How many books have you published?
- Specify length (example: full-length novels (this means over 80,000 words); short novels (under 80,000 words); novellas (under 50,000 words)
- How many copies have you sold to readers (not including free downloads)—if you are self-published, please specify price (example: $3.99)
- If not previously published, tell me why readers will buy your book.
- Category and subgenre (examples: Paranormal romance; Police procedural mystery; YA Thriller
- Is this the start of a series, or is it a stand-alone?
- Is the manuscript complete?
- Word count of complete manuscript
- What is the hook for the series?
- What is the hook for the first book?
- Themes, tropes, conflict, etc. (optional)
-Tropes are not the hook (for example: second chance at love; frenemies to lovers)
·Plot summary is not a pitch
-Feel free to read your pitch from notes or note cards, that is not a problem
·I am taking pitches ONLY for: Romance fiction, women’s fiction, historical fiction, mystery/thriller/suspense, narrative non-fiction, YA—please do not pitch other categories